IOSH – Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers (SHE)
This course is a one day course and is aimed at employees who are involved in any construction related activities. It is suitable for any geographical location or organisational size. Following recent CSCS guidelines changes, any candidate applying for a CSCS card will no longer be able to apply for their card with the previous IOSH Working Safely course and will need this course instead from the 31st March 2020. This course will equip candidates with the eligibility to apply for the CSCS Green Labourers card and allow them entry level access to construction sites.
This course is designed to provide the tools and core knowledge required to help individuals handle health and safety and remain safe on site. The IOSH SHE ( Safety, Health and Environment for construction workers) course will contain the following:-
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others.
- The basics of local law.
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site.
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces.
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology Delegates will be given the IOSH SHE workbook to work through alongside the course and to then keep as a reference.
The learner will be able to identify why it is important to work safely, everyone’s responsibilities in relation to safety, health and well being, define key terms in safety and health, identify work place hazards and risks and how to control them, identify ways of managing and improving health and safety in the workplace.