Personal Trainer Course: Level 3 Diploma in Personal TrainingCertificate • Level 3
About the course
Our outstanding personal training course looks to train your passion for the gym into an exciting career in the health and fitness industry. This qualification builds on the knowledge and skills developed within the Level 2 Gym Instruction course and supports you to become a CIMSPA accredited Personal Trainer.
- Anatomy and physiology including: - the heart and circulatory system - the musculoskeletal system - postural and core stability - the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health.
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
- How to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme.
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
- How to design, manage, and adapt a gym based exercise and personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages.
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
To enrol on this course, delegates must hold a CIMSPA accredited Level 2 gym instructor qualification.
In class assessment Multiple choice examination Portfolio of evidence Practical examination
Careers & Progression
On successful completion of this course you may progress to a Level 3 Diploma Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness, or other skills based courses within the Sports sector. Careers that this course may lead to include self-employed Fitness Trainer or a range of roles in the Sports industry.